I hope this finds you well. I know these are trying times for all of us.
I also know that the things that are challenging us will not last forever. The election mayhem has passed, the social unrest will be resolved, and the COVID-19 crisis will evolve into a manageable condition like so many other conditions we’ve learned to navigate.
We will get through this!
We must not lose hope. I believe this so strongly, in fact, that in the months I was unable to see clients, I decided to devote myself to learning new skills and planning ways to reinvent my practice. What can I offer that is safe and beneficial to clients?
Maybe you are in that same position, at a crossroads. Although the hurdles in our path were not of our making, our response is. This may be the perfect time to choose a new direction forward!
Foot reflexology is perhaps the safest way to offer all the benefits of bodywork to the widest population of clients. Consider:
- Because the client leans back in a reclining chair or massage therapy table, and the reflexologist is seated at the feet, there is quite a distance between faces
- When both people wear masks, there is a greatly reduced chance that either will breathe in respiratory droplets or shared air that the other has exhaled.
- Reflexology can be done anywhere with a portable chair—in an open, airy room or even outdoors!
- The client doesn’t get undressed or lay face down, reducing potential contact with any surface that a previous client may have touched or breathed on.
- The Academy teaches how to begin each session with a foot bath, ensuring that the reflexologist’s hands and the client’s feet are as clean as can be. (Anti-viral essential oils can be added to the water, and gloves can even be worn if desired.)
- Foot reflexology is easy to receive—it can be done very gently and still be highly effective. As a non-invasive technique, it often can be offered to more vulnerable clients for whom massage therapy might not be appropriate.
In these stressful times, people need bodywork more than ever. We’re not getting enough touch! Reflexology offers all the healing benefits of hands-on therapy that is so supportive of our physical health and emotional well being.
You can offer this to clients, safely and confidently, as a Certified Reflexologist. Go to the Certification page and learn more about the 2021 Certification Program. Every aspect of the in-person sessions has been designed to keep students safe and healthy.
Classes start in the spring and enrollment is limited, so please don’t delay!
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation to explore whether the certification program is right for you, contact me directly.
I look forward to hearing from you!