Are you ready to take your love of reflexology to the next level? If you have already checked out whether the Academy’s Hand & Foot Reflexology Professional Certification is the right program for you, the next step is to determine if our curriculum meets your goals.
The Certification offers you in-depth practical training in hand and foot reflexology designed for both relaxation and pain management. You will learn how to specifically address over 50 pathological and non-pathological conditions within a reflexology session and assist clients to create a self-directed wellness program.
You will leave this training with a 230-page manual, book guide and numerous resources for related information and products.
- location of nearly 100 reflex points in the hands and feet, and techniques to effectively palpate these reflexes on yourself and others
- 12 physiological systems of the body, and the role reflexology plays in maintaining optimum functioning of these systems
- over 50 homeostatic imbalances and how to create a reflexology session to address those conditions
- theories and benefits of reflexology
- zones of the feet, hands and body
- zone therapy
- anatomy, physiology and structural pathology of the feet and hands
- history-taking skills
- professional ethics
- therapeutic communication skills
- the role of genetics and epigenetics in health and disease
- legalities of practice
- self-care and ergonomics
- create and operate professional reflexology clinics, using health history forms and documentation charts designed specifically for reflexology
- offer an in-service to the staff of a major national bodywork publication
- complete a self-chosen directed independent study to support their knowledge of reflexology OR design and implement a community outreach program offering reflexology
- plan and execute an outcome-based research case study on a health condition of their choice
This year’s certification begins February 10th. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be awarded a 315 hour certification in hand and foot reflexology. Complete details are available here. Continuing education credits are awarded to Florida-licensed and/or nationally certified massage therapists.