STAND OUT In the Crowd!
If you’re a certified reflexologist, here are a couple of smart moves:
* Get Board-certified. This is the highest credential a reflexologist can hold.
That designation really shows your seriousness; your commitment to the field and the high standards set for its certificants.
In the US, the only independent, non-profit national testing agency is the American Reflexology Certification Board. In Canada, the organization testing and registering qualified professional practitioners is the non-profit Reflexology Association of Canada.
* Join Your National and State Professional Associations. Because members of a professional Association must adhere to a high standard of ethics and business practices, the public perceives those individuals as more trustworthy and upstanding. Another way to STAND OUT and attract more clients.
Reflexology Association of America (national and state listings)
* Specialize Your Practice. There are many avenues to take here.
The options are numerous. Pick one. STAND OUT in the crowd!
So, I can’t move on here without letting you know of opportunities to study some of those listed above!
If you want to learn all you need to learn to add Traditional Thai Reflexology to your toolbox, or if How to Relieve Chronic Foot Pain is more up your alley, check out the upcoming classes.
STAND OUT More!
I have to admit that I am surprised when I run into therapists today who haven’t implemented these two simple operations. In this day and age of convenience and technology, they should be part of everyone’s business model. If you haven’t already, do so – Stand Out More!
* Online Booking. This is a must. I am always tickled when I wake up to find that someone booked my last open appointment that day sometime late the night before (while I was fast asleep). Make it easy for people to book with you whenever the thought crosses their mind. Stop playing telephone tag.
There are plenty of apps out there. I checked out a few and settled with Schedulicity. It’s easy to navigate and set-up, and even easier for clients to book or change appointments. Clients receive automated, customized messages confirming appointments as well as a reminder(s) prior to appointments.
* Accept Credit/Debit Cards. Many people do not carry cash or use cheques anymore. Don’t lose business by not offering the option of using plastic. I like Square. People know it. It can be customized with a menu and more and is very easy to use. No monthly fees; you pay a small percentage for each sale. The money is in my bank account the next day.
There are, of course, many other ways you can stand out. What sets you apart in your field?